The cinnamon challenge is said to be impossible. It involves swallowing a tablespoon of cinnamon all at once without the help of water or anything else. Is it dangerous?
There are a few reasons why the cinnamon challenge may seem dangerous to do. When putting so much cinnamon in your mouth at once it completely dries it out and you have no saliva to help you swallow. Another reason is that cinnamon is a powder that burns. If you breathe in a slightly wrong way, you may cause the cinnamon to enter your sinuses leading to a lot of coughing and pain from it burning. This may also induce vomiting. This is because cinnamon contains Cinnamaldehyde, which gives cinnamon it's distinct flavor and is also used in pesticides.
Contrary to some beliefs the cinnamon challenge won't kill you. Pesticides only hurt small creatures and isn't strong enough to cause death in humans except in large amounts, which only a tablespoon of cinnamon doesn't contain. While it won't kill you, it's not worth the pain it causes.